Swimming Lessons Lessons are for all ages, from infants to adults.
$80 / Month for classes once a week (4 classes)
$150 / Month for classes twice a week (8 classes)
CALL 760-695-4300 or Come In to Register
What to Expect
At the Escondido Swim School Program, you will find that our swimming classes are tailored to the needs of each child/adult, so that he or she can progress at a comfortable pace. Although some children/adults may advance more quickly or slowly, our instructors ensure that everyone receives the instruction they need.
In the Learn-to-Swim program, parents or guardians of children are encouraged to actively participate in the learning progress of the child’s swim lessons. This not only helps increase the child’s comfort level in the water, but can help parents understand the process and practice skills with their children between classes.
The Adult Swim Lessons include Learning the Basics, Improving Skills & Swim Strokes and Swimming for Fitness.
What They’ll Learn
The Learn-to-Swim program focuses on building skills one step at a time. By giving them the opportunity to master one element before moving on to the next, the child’s swim classes make it easy to build confidence in the water.
Group Class Swim Schedule
Group classes are 4-6 children per class and are each 25 min long.
- 5:30pm – LTS 2/3 Combo
- 6:00pm – Preschool Level 1
- 6:30pm – Preschool Level 2
- 7:00pm – LTS Level 1
- 7:30pm – Private Lesson
- 4:00pm – Private Lesson
- 4:30pm – TBD
- 5:00pm – TBD
- 5:30pm – TBD
- 6:00pm – TBD
- 8:00am – Private Lesson
- 8:30am – Private Lesson
- 9:00am – Preschool Level 1
- 9:30am – Preschool Level 2
- 10:00am – LTS Level 1
- 10:30am – LTS Level 2
- 11:00pm – LTS Level 3/4 Combo
- 11:30am – Private Lesson
- 12:00pm – Private Lesson
- 6 months – 3 years
- 1 parent per child in the water (mandatory)
- Swim diaper required (must be provided by parent/caregiver)
- This class introduces babies and toddlers to the fundamentals of swimming in a manner that they love and build their confidence.
*Please note that this is a 20 minute long class with up to 6 students per class
- 3+ years old
- No swimming experience
- Child will learn to be comfortable in the water alone with the instructor.
- Submersion and breath control
- Roll from front-back, back-front with assistance
- Swim on front & back using arms and legs
- Arm & hand treading actions
- Alternating or simultaneous kicking action
- Independent swim 5 yards
- Enters independently using ramp, steps or side
- Travel at least 5 yards walking, along gutter or swimming
- Bob 5 times
- Safely exit the water
- Water adjustment, entry and exit
- Independent bobbing, trading, full submerge with breath hold and rotary breathing
- Retrieval of objects underwater with open eyes
- Independent glide (front/back), roll (front/back)
- Independent swim on front and back
- Tread or float for 15 seconds.
- Enter water, swim on front/back for 5 body lengths using combined arm and leg actions then exit the water
- Water entry (jump) from side, fully submerge, with recovery and return to side
- Survival float on front and back float
- Rotary breathing and forward moving bobbing
- Change vertical to horizontal positions, back and front
- Treading with modified scissor, breaststroke and rotary kick
- Front swim crawl and breaststroke, flutter and dolphin kicking
- Elementary backstroke
- Side stroke with scissor kick
- Freestyle with side breathing for 25 yards
- Backstroke for 25 yards
- Underwater swim
- Survival swimming
- Feet first surface dive, complete submerge and recovery
- Front and back crawl with open turn, breaststroke and butterfly
- Back crawl, elementary backstroke
- Push off in streamline position using flutter and dolphin kicking
- Freestyle & backstroke 25 yards
- Breaststroke & back crawl 15 yards
- Under water swim 3-5 body lengths demonstrating breath control
- Treading water with arms & legs / legs only
- Front crawl
- Elementary backstroke
- Back crawl
- Standard (back) scull
- Side stroke
- Front flip turn
- Backstroke flip turn
- Develop skills to prepare students for a swim team
Escondido Swim School offers classes for all ages and swim levels. We offer a 25 meter heated indoor lap pool that is open year round. Choose from our group swim lessons or individual lessons. We have instructors that are fully trained, certified and excited to teach and share with others their passion for swimming.
Bring your child/children to learn basic swimming or have them develop their skills for the competitive level. Adult lessons for leisure or training for competition such as ironman.
We offer a friendly and relaxed environment for all. Parents are highly encouraged to sit and relax by the pool while their child is taking their lesson. Escondido Swim School is conveniently located at The Escondido IcePlex just minutes off the 15 freeway.
Your question is not here?
Your opinions are important to us. Whether it is a simple question or a valuable suggestion, we are here. You can call us by phone or email us directly.
555 N Tulip
Escondido, CA 92025